1.05.2013

Half here I come...

Well hello there here i am back in the blogging world. I have signed up for a half marathon in June hoping to get me motivated and out of this funk I have been in the last month. Anyone want to run with me...anyone...anyone? Today was my first official workout...not a great one, but no need to get discouraged yet. I ran 3 miles in 33:15. I felt great the first mile and from a mile and a half on it was pretty sloppy. I need to remember to take it slow and at my own pace so I will enjoy the process instead of pushing it too hard.

I have been reading a couple books. The happiness project by Gretchen Rubin. She basically takes 12 areas in her life that she wants to work on and assigns each month an area with specifics for each week. I am so going to do this. I mean I am pretty much perfect and all but I am sure I could come up with at least 12 things I could work on. At least. The other is 50 shades of grey, which I stopped 100 pages in. That book is absolutely horrible in every way. First off, it is pretty much twilight but with sex. The writing is awful and it is a too graphic and disturbing for my taste. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone was planning on reading it.

My sweet little Sadie started on solid foods the other day. Mmmm...nothing like some rice cereal. Lucy thought she wanted some, so I gave her a bite. Her face was priceless! She didn't want any more after that. Go figure.

I guess that is all for today...ciao!








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!!!! I hope you are here to stay. I need this to stay connected, ya know!? Good job on your first run, you'll get there no worries at all. :) I can't believe Sadie is starting solids...wasn't she just born like 2 seconds ago! So crazy. Keep the posts coming...seriously.

Lacey said...

January must be funk month:) We'll have to get together a lot this month, because I NEED you! I can't believe Sadie's on solids...I push that as far out as I can. My house is nasty enough!

gillar girl said...

Wow that's such a good time! I was checking to see how long I can take before I get kicked off the course (right word?). The answer is 12:30.