12.08.2009

Catching Up...

Oak IS GONE!

We've been doing some fun, festive activities these December days. Don't you just love Christmas. I am like a giddy little 5 year old. I'm having so much fun with the kiddos doing our advent calendar activities. I found the cutest advent calendar on etsy and really wanted to re-create. But I couldn't find the supplies I needed. So I found a paper mache star box and some smaller boxes that I modge podged with Christmas paper. So each day the kids take turns opening a box.

Most of the activites are simple things, like make a christmas chain, deliver cookies to a friend or play candyland. I think I'm a little more excited about it than the girls...


They had fun helping me decorate the tree. I was handing them the ornaments and when they were gone I looked at the tree. It was so cute. All the decorations were on the lowest couple of branches. But they were proud as can be and so was I!

We are in baking mode. Almost every night is another delicious treat! Good for them, not so good for my behind...


I've been having fun decorating our house for the holidays. Joe made me wait until AFTER Thanksgiving. Humph.

The End.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

yahoo! your house is adorable and i will be copying your advent calender fyi!

Krista said...

love your decorations. Finally you're back to bloggerville. I've missed you. I can see that you are super excited for xmas too. You are a little girl at heart. I love it. We're leaving Thurs. morning! wahoo. I hope we can see you when we get in town.

Jylaire said...

That adcent box is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen! It looks like it look about a million hours to make! How fun for your girls!

Pamela Ilene said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again! Your activities sound so fun...and the decorations are perfect. Cute little Goos!

Unknown said...

k that is the cutest advent calender EVER! i love all your awesome decorations, they are so beautiful, you are so so creative. you need to put some step by steps on here so i can copy :) brynn and ella are adorable, i love the tree, it looks fantastic!