12.14.2009

Bunk Bed=Sleepless Night

We finally finished up "the Girls" room. It is freshly painted. Which by the way means one coat of primer, 2 coats paint, tape off ceiling, touch up ceiling, tape off baseboards, touch up baseboards. This is not an easy process in our household. Nevertheless, it is done and we've put up our darling bunk bed, purchased here, for a screamin' deal! Their duvet covers are to die for and I found some curtains that go perfectly with the decor. They, I am sure, will not be up for awhile. It takes my man awhile to put holes in his perfectly smooth walls. Blah...Blah...Blah...I may just surprise him one day with a crooked curtain rod. I can hear me now..."It's not my fault, there was a small earthquake that shook the house right when I was putting the nail in the wall...the beautiful, flawless wall."
Anywho, my point of this post is this people: Think this bunk bed thing through. I have a 4 and a 3 year old and I think I was a little hasty in my decision to move them together. The other room sits empty (hopefully for not too much longer). I love my girls dearly, but bedtime is not so fun anymore. They play and laugh and pretend they are peter pan and wendy all night long. Ever since the binkie broke, yes, tragic I know, the naps have vanished and the sleep is not quite so fun. Some nights I think...eventually they have to fall asleep...but until there are threats of being put in the crib, it doesn't happen. Ah well, we live and we learn...

7 comments:

Krista said...

cute bed!!! I love it. I am so laughing at your painting process. I know it looks completely FABULOUSA!

Jylaire said...

I want to see pics of the whole room! The bed is darling!

gillar girl said...

They look so happy--they're going to have all kinds of fun memories of their bunkbed! Not a lot of comfort for their sleep deprived mommy though :)! I can't wait to see those beautiful (and smooth) walls in real life!

Lacey said...

Joe is so funny and so opposite Josh, have you seen our holey walls!? Yikes. Those 2 munchkins are so adorable.

Natallee said...

I love that you posted pictures of this! They re so darling and I don't blame them for having a great time together! The room looks darling too!!

Pamela Ilene said...

Looks like a night full of fun! I like the wall color.

Unknown said...

oh i love your girls! they look so adorable in their big bed. it is an awesome bed. why does joe have to be such a pill? a little paint here, a little paint on the floor a few holes in the wall...come on! I'm sure i would be more cautious too if i actually owned my own house. I just let the landlords deal with all my mishaps!!