1.09.2013

Happy Home

As I mentioned before, I have been reading the Happiness Project. I am still not finished but have read it slowly and taken notes, so I too can have my own happiness project. I have come up with 12 areas that can use improving in my life and will dedicate each month to one of them.


January will be focused on creating a Happy Home. I have been advised to "...labor diligently to create a home that will be a refuge from the turmoils of the world. Labor diligently to make it free from contention and disharmony....that your home may be filled with joy and peace and happiness, and overflowing with love..." I can see how important that advise is now that my children are getting older. I want them to want to be home. I want them to feel love and peace when they are home.

I love the counsel given by Dieter Uchtdorf "...Happiness does not spring from perfection, but from applying divine principles...Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

So with that excellent advise here are some things I will strive to do this month:

* Have family prayer each night.
* Be more light-hearted. Joke, laugh and smile a little more.
* Apologize when I am wrong and be quick to forgive.
* Work together as a family. Give older children more responsibility around the home. 
* Sit down with the kids and play. Be actively engaged.
* Be more liberal in my affection to my children.

2 comments:

Pamela Ilene said...

It will all be worth it pretty mama.

Lacey said...

let me just tell you when I walk into your home, it feels very happy:)