7.10.2009

warm nights and fireworks

one of my favorite things about living in the beehive state is the warm, dry nights. i love to sit outside in the middle of the night and feel the warm air surround me.
i love july too. i love watching fireworks almost every night on our driveway (we have a lot of enthusiastic parents in our neighborhood). i love falling asleep to the sound of fireworks popping.
i've decided to be a little more laid back with bed time this summer. i admit somedays an 8 o'clock bedtime is a must. but i do have memories of being in bed when it was still light and i could hear all the kids playing outside. boo. it was traumatic.
we enjoyed one of these late, warm july nights with some good friends and great fireworks. the boys put on a fun show that the kids looooved.

7 comments:

Denise said...

You're so cute! Looks like you had a fab 4th! I love summer nights too. Love to drive around with all of the windows rolled down singing along to my favorite summertime songs.

winkie said...

that looks like so much fun! i wish it wasn't so blasted windy here every night so we could do some without lighting the hills on fire :)

Megan said...

I love neighborhoods! I'm with you on the bed thing. So good to see you at Zion.

Unknown said...

I agree. I love the warm, dry night air. I'm glad you FINALLY updated your blog. keep it up. Let's hang out this week :)

Jaime said...

Oh sweet memories! Those were some pretty great fireworks!

Pamela Ilene said...

I love fireworks! I missed them all this year. Boo. Sure was fun to see you in Nauvoo. Love you.

Unknown said...

dude...time for a new blog post yo!