3.06.2009

playing house

i'm so cranky when it comes to my children's bedrooms. they are always such a disaster. all their toys are in their rooms and it gets crazy messy all the time. i keep thinking i can't have a playroom until the basement is finished. and yet. i had good times in my unfinished basement. i played down there a ton. so. what to do. i gave it a good clean-up. and now there is a fun little area to "play houses" as ella would say. even though it's a tad cold (okay freezing) i just have to put slippers and jackets on. i've been having so much fun...and i suppose my kids will learn to love it.

the bedroom and closet

the baby's room

the family room
the kitchen area


before

after

10 comments:

Krista said...

good job with creating more space! I remember playing in your basement back in the day and having such AWESOME huts with millions of blankets.

gillar girl said...

oh this looks so fun! ava just climbed up on my lap and said "ohhhh cute." so can we come over and play!! how did you hang up that curtain rod?

~Pam said...

very good job-they will love it. Kids never seemed effected by hot and cold, especially when there is fun to be had

Shauna said...

I think you might be the cutest mom ever! I miss you Crisalis!

Rosander said...

I think that it's adorable and I had some good times in unfinished basements as well. Really that is so cute! You are so creative!

Natallee said...

Darling!! I am sure they will love this!! This is sooooooo cute!

McMillan Family said...

Your play area turned out so cute. you are so creative.

Unknown said...

That's so cute. I loved the basement. Our forts might as well have been castles in my mind!

the Roberson family said...

You are the most fun and creative mom! I want to come and play dress-up too.

Jessica said...

So totally cute~! Way to go, what a creative mom!